You will need to upgrade your Instagram marketing strategy to stay ahead of your competition in 2020. This is because, Instagram, among all social media channels, will be the most important and influential channel when it comes to business marketing.
Instagram, with its billion plus active monthly users is expected to explode in terms of growth in 2020.It will cater to all different needs of the business marketers such as:
- Freshness in content and
- A seamless experience.
Therefore, you must know about the latest updates in Instagram that will impact the marketing landscape of the world in 2020.
- Instagram Reels: TechCrunch report shows that Instagram launched Reels or Cenasin Brazil. This is actually a video-music remix feature. Users can use this to create short video clips and share them on Stories.
- Data control: According to Instagram Press, users will now have more control over the data shared with third-party services. They will now have the option to remove any third-party services that they do not want to be connected any longer so that they do not have any access to their account any more.
There are also a few other important changes made by Instagram recently such as removing like counts, reducing inauthentic activity, introducing Instagram Threads, allowing landscape videos for IGTV and more.
All these changes will seriously impact marketing which is why every marketer should now dive deeper to stay live and kicking in 2020.
Creating an effective strategy
It is only an effective strategy that will allow you to make the most of Instagram platform and get real followers. This will enable you to expand your business and brand at the same time by using Instagram.
In order to create an Instagram strategy that will help you to grow your business you will need to learn a few specific things. You will need to know:
- The latest Instagram trends to follow so that you are at par, if not ahead of, your competitors in 2020
- How to create a successful strategy that is themed according to your personal or business account on Instagram
- Your target audience and determine how best you can meet their demands and provide value to them and
- How to create posts that are most engaging posts on Instagram so that you receive more comments from your followers.
In addition to that above, you will be better off when you know the right places to search for better and more creative ideas for your posts such as blastup and others. This will enable you to know the most useful tools to increase number of followers and engagement as well as meet their followers.
News feed and Instagram Stories ads
Previously, the news feed ads were more effective but over time it lost its novelty among the users. This has forced the advertisers to look for alternative strategies. Luckily for them, when Instagram launched the full-screen vertical Story ads, the marketers could easily leverage their Instagram marketing efforts. This has helped them to encourage and increase several aspects such as:
- Video views
- Brand awareness
- App installs
- Conversions and
- Lead generation.
The Story ads have a more powerful and effective impact on organic Instagram advertising and marketing through its influencers.
The popularity of the Story ads is revealed in the statistical report of different survey companies that says:
- In 2020, more than 66% of creative marketers and digital decision makers plan to invest in Instagram Stories
- 62% of them want to use news feed advertising.
This means that the effectiveness of the Instagram Stories is an important consideration to make by the marketers in 2020. However, you may be better off when you use both these UIs in tandem because both of these have its respective benefits.
In 2020, IGTV will take the center stage bringing a lot of benefits to the marketers on this platform. The changes and updates in the platform as well as in IGTV have made it all the more important and the importance will rise even more in 2020.
- The addition of an IGTV tab to theExplore page helps in easy navigation by the users allowing them to find out videos and content creators that they are interested in more easily.
- The added option to include IGTV video previews within the regular feed of the users is another useful change that is helping the followers to locate accounts they follow and those that are creating long-form video content as well.
- Allowing landscape video content is another useful feature that makes easy for the users to share any existing video content of your brand that you have created already.
The primary intention of Instagram in bringing these changes is to increase creation of vertical video and uploading horizontal video content. Both these give the content creators much easier access to IGTV.
The best ways to use IGTV in your Instagram strategy in 2020 is to:
- Share existing video content
- Include landscape format
- Create vertical video content
- Create an IGTV series and
- Share previews of IGTV videos.
All these will ensure that you content reaches to a larger audience and create a better brand awareness.
Lastly, focus on Instagram promotions, which is much similar to Facebook. Their will allow you to target an audience based on different parameters such as:
- Location and more.
You will need to enter a daily budget for spending on these promotions. You may set it manually or bid automatically. It is better to bid automatically because it will prevent over or under bidding.
The bid may vary from one specific industry to another and the level of competence but whatever the bid is, Instagram will never go beyond the set budget. Experts in the industry says that it is better to bid higher because that will increase your chances to be seen. It will also ensure that your business gets more and better promotions by reaching out to more macro and micro-influencers.
All these steps and strategies will ensure that you get the best results and returns from your Instagram marketing efforts. Just make sure that you do it right.
Author Bio –
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings.