The world is not always a kind place, and it can be unsafe as well. When you’re running a business, you must ensure that you have the best security measures in place to protect your valuable assets.
The security system you choose to protect your business reflects how smoothly your store can run without facing problems that could wreck you. Multiple organizations have integrated security systems as a part of their wall against crimes and threats.
However, the power of these systems may be limited and may not be efficient enough. This is where remote CCTV monitoring comes into play. Normal systems do not simultaneously monitor the activities of every corner of your workspace and will not be able to respond to threats while they occur.
You can use the normal surveillance systems if they best suit your needs, but if you feel your business has dealt with too many thefts or damages but has not been able to stop it on time, the remote CCTV monitoring systems are a good choice.
Remote Monitoring System
CCTV cameras are a great way to keep a check on what happens in and around your workspace throughout the day. However, how often you monitor these cameras can make a huge difference in spotting and stopping suspicious activities when somebody tries to steal something or break into your workspace.
Remote monitoring systems use the internet to send the images picked up by your CCTV camera and livestream them to an external monitoring office designed to look at multiple spots in your store and check for suspicious activities throughout the day. This helps prevent crime while it happens or even before instead of after it has happened.
How Does It Work
Remote monitoring systems work almost the same way as normal CCTV systems but maximize the efficiency rate at which the workplace is being monitored. The processes follow several simple steps:
1. A good internet connection is on throughout the day or the duration for which you need external monitoring. The connection sends the images live from your camera to a screen at a different location where agents monitor the activities.
2. When suspicious activity is spotted and identified by an agent or the system, that particular event will be replayed on the screen of a security agent guarding your store or even the local police station. The agent will manually monitor what is happening and manipulate the view to get a better angle of the person’s face. This also ensures that blind spots don’t cause that much of a problem.
3. A loudspeaker can be attached, with which the intruder can be called out if you want to scare him/her but don’t want to take action. If not, you can also customize your system to get security personnel to take care of the situation and take reasonable action quietly.
4. Emergency services and other personnel will be notified, depending on the extremity and requirements of the situation.
Benefits Of Remote Monitoring Systems
Remote monitoring offers a lot of advantages over the regular monitoring systems, apart from its security benefits.
• Downtime: Moments of downtime can also lead to the loss of massive costs and impact how your customer places faith in the company. Internally as well, downtime can hurt your employees and their productivity and morale.
By implementing the remote monitoring system, your servers will be on watch, and you will be protected from not only physical but also software threats.
• Heightened Security: Remote monitoring provides fast and immediate security solutions that will help you keep all your assets safe. When you have things on your systems or even a physical object that you simply cannot replace, remote monitoring systems are the best way to have immediate action taken towards stopping the crime from unfurling.
• Lower cost: Initial investment, installation prices, and the hardware and software, along with hiring costs for maintaining and operating and what not; it takes a toll on your budget as well. Having a remote monitoring system will be a one-time investment and is pretty easy to understand and operate. You make the initial investment, and you’re good to go, apart from a small monthly fee. If there are issues with the system, an in-house technician or IT professional will come to fix it for you at cheaper rates.
Remote CCTV Monitoring systems are a great way to constantly monitor your business and ensure that it is protected, even when you’re not looking out.