The recognized author is indian-american, Deepak Chopra, draws on the technology Blockchain to protect humanity. Mainly, to help improve the mental health and suicide prevention during the current pandemic crisis.
Who is Deepak Chopra?
Deepak Chopra was born in India and is one of the icons of the New Era. In addition, one of the writers most influential for his publications.
The fundamental thing about Chopra is that it is a great figure within the alternative medicines. Given that he is the endocrinologist, doctor of the current hindu ayurveda, that is to say, of the healing traditions of hindu. Currently, he resorts to the technology Blockchain to be able to combat the crisis due to the COVID-19.
Blockchain to combat the mental health crisis
To address the current pandemic crisis, Chopra, advocate for mental health, announced that his Foundation has teamed up with Hedera Hashgraph. This is a well-known technology company Blockchain, founded by Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon.
In a statement to Forbes, Chopra expressed his ideas regarding the technology Blockchain, and how we could take advantage of it in improving care in mental health:
“I’ve been looking at Blockchain for a while. Now we need a platform that has traceability, have collaboration, have proof of work“.
Similarly, the co-founder Harmon is excited about the project of Deepak Chopra with Blockchain. First of all, believe that the intentions are genuine and are representative of what you can take advantage of on the platform (Blockchain, for the good of all.
Initiative Never Alone
To combat increasing rates of suicide and mental health crisis during the COVID-19, Deepak Chopra stated “the Initiative Never Alone-Worldwide Alliance”. Through this campaign, Chopra hopes to join a community on-line global-driven Blockchain, where all online can help each other and talk.
It should be noted that Never Alone has three particular aspects:
- The service allows everyone to help each other, using the best available practices. That is the advantage of Blockchain.
- Spiritual practice, which is meditation, mindfulness and breathing, yoga, exercise, and also emotional support from each other.
- Is looking to have sufficient communities, with participants to the health, well-being and, in particular, the mental support.
In this regard, Christin Hasker, CEO of Hedera Hashgraph, said: “The platform is currently under construction. Phase one will be on the market in the fourth quarter of this year. In addition, phase two will be in the first quarter of 2021. Phase three will be in the second quarter of 2021”.
Healing in time of COVID-19
In the same sense, Deepak Chopra hopes to expand its base of followers-speaking of the hand of J Balvin. Through a new experience bilingual meditation conceived.
Making reference to this union J Balvin said: “Mental health is universal, because it does not discriminate. Deepak Chopra can help us“.
In particular, the experience focuses on building resilience and find healing in times of pandemic, economic crisis and social upheaval. For this goal, we support using all the advances of technology Blockchain.
Suicide rates are increasing
It should be noted that, the web site of the National Institutes of Health, published a article he explains that suicide rates are increasing, and it is a cause of concern.
As a result, the mental health services should develop clear pathways of assessment and care at a distance for people with suicidal tendencies. It is here where it plays a very important role the use of technology Blockchain.
Tips according to the World Health Organization
Until now, the pandemic of COVID-19 means that many of us stay at home and do less in terms of social interactions and exercise. What is certain is that, this can have a negative effect on your physical and mental health.
Below, we offer some tips to help you stay healthy at home:
- Stay physically active: It is very important that people of all ages and abilities to be as active as possible. Simply take a short break from sitting, doing 3 to 4 minutes of physical movement of light intensity, such as walking or stretching.
- Caring for our mental health: There are many things we can do to take care of our own mental health and help others who may need support. For example, staying informed, having a routine, a lot of social contact and the use of social networks.
- Quit smoking: Smokers have a higher risk of contracting Coronavirus, because she constantly carry the hands to the lips. It may be the case, because your lung function is affected.
- Parenting healthy: Be aware of the resources and ideas to support parents, and projects that engage children in the understanding of the Coronavirus.
- Healthy diet: What we eat and drink can affect our body’s ability to prevent, combat and recover from infections.
In conclusion, it will be interesting to see if the association of Deepak Chopra and the platform Hedera Hashgraph, with the use of technology Blockchain, you can help prevent suicides and improve mental health.
I say goodbye, but not before obsequiarte this phrase from Wayne Dyer: “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”.